Work and Study with ICTQ Malta
The Work and study course is an ideal option for young adult students seeking to enter the working world. This course is not only an excellent introduction into the business world but will also provide students with invaluable work experience that will enhance their CV and future career prospects.
Students who are third-country nationals can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week while they study English at ICTQ Malta. Equally important, students are permitted to work after a minimum of 90 days of English study. Students must continue their studies after the 90 day period.
The step by step procedure to apply for a VISA to work and study English in Malta follows:
- Book a 12-week package: “General English course plus accommodation in self-catering apartments”.
- Pay 50% deposit of the package invoice
- Receive a visa letter from the school
- Apply for a student visa*
- Pay remaining balance on the invoice.
- Arrive in Malta and start studying English.
- Extend study for 4 or maximum of 40 weeks
- Apply for a visa extension** after 21 days from the date of arrival in Malta.
- Start looking for a job while waiting to get the VISA extension approval. It’s extremely important to know the student would need to find an employer by HIMSELF/HERSELF (ICTQ Malta does not assist in finding a job).
- After receiving the VISA extension and finding a job, the student and his/her future employer are required to go to Jobs Plus in Malta to apply for a ‘work and study’ visa. The whole process could take up to 6 weeks.
- A separate fee is applied for a ‘work and study’ visa;
- Students can start working after their 90th day in Malta;
- The student can only work up to 20 hours per week and must maintain class attendance of at least 80% to be eligible for a valid work and study English in Malta visa. Attendance will be checked daily;
- After a total of 12 weeks of study only is the student permitted to start working. Upon obtaining employment the student can pay for his/her English course on a monthly basis (in advance).
- No conversion of courses is permitted. The student is required to attend lessons daily to make up a minimum of 15 hours of tuition per week (General English Course).
*ICTQ Malta School of English is not responsible for student visa approval. In case the visa rejected, ICTQ Malta will refund the amount paid after deduction of €100 administration fee and €60 for the visa letter.
**ICTQ Malta School of English is not responsible for the visa extension.