25 Things you can do to improve your English!
Your goal is to learn or improve your English and be a fluent speaker? The questions are where do you begin, how are you going to achieve that?
First thing to do is make up a plan, set clear short-term goals and stick with them. The key element is consistency
Learning a new language could be a hard and long process, but in the right environment, with the help of good teachers, you will reach your goal and also have fun while doing it!
Here are some tips from our highly qualified teachers, to start you on the right path!
- Practice everyday
- Write down new words
- Watch movies in English with or without subtitles
- Read out loud
- Listen to music with lyrics
- Learn one idiom every day
- Read English Newspapers
- Work on English grammar
- Avoid literal translations from your own language into English
- Make friends from other countries
- Keep an English diary
- Ask a lot of questions
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
- When you learn a new word, learn also it’s other forms
- Exercise your pronunciation with audio
- Travel as much as you can
- Chat on Skype with other students
- Join English conversation classes
- Try to think in English
- Use an English only Dictionary
- Play online games and interact with people in English
- Study the most common Phrasal Verbs
- Test yourself weekly
- Listen to the different English accents
- Don’t forget to have fun!